Sunday, February 10, 2013

Rhythm and Blues Half Marathon

I took it pretty easy all week, with a few light walks and one more Zumba class (only 30 minutes).

The race was scheduled to start at 8:30am. Although the forecast for today was scattered thunderstorms , it was only a little windy and still clear when I headed out. By the time the race started the winds had picked up, but it still got pretty hot a few miles into it. The skies got increasingly dark and around 10:30am a cold front moved in, dropping the temperature at least 20 degrees before the rain started.  I was glad that I had worn my long sleeve shirt over my singlet! The weather reports scared away a few of the bands, and once it started raining, most of those who had shown up left. Peter Manry, of Other Brother was there cheering the back of the packers on until the very end. I finished in 3:28, much better than my Sugar Land finish. Would I do this race again - probably not, although the premiums were great (hat and technical shirt) and the medal was huge. Three loops on Allen Parkway gets old.




No comments:

Post a Comment