Sunday, January 27, 2013

Another Half Marathon on the Books

The USA Fit Marathons were today in Sugar Land. I did the half with my friend Carla Fair-Wright. The weather was great (a little too warm for some) - in the 60's with a cloud cover. We ran 1:00/1:00's for the first 8 miles and then my calves started to cramp. At first I didn't know why, but then I realized that I had failed to follow my own advice and had started a new exercise routine last week.
I did Zumba classes 2 times and then took advantage of an introductory consultation that involved strength exercises. I used muscles I had not used in a very long time, and they came back to bite me today. Luckily, I had some Tylenol, and once it kicked in, I was able to pick up the pace. We walked the last 3 miles and then ran it in at the finish line. Our time was 3:45. The finisher's medal (see below) and the shirt are really nice.

Since I survived, I  registered for the Sugar Land Half that is scheduled for March 3rd, starting and ending at Sugar Land Town Center  www.signmeup.com/83247. I'm trying to decide if I want to commit to the Rhythm and Blues that is on February 10th in downtown Houston. I'll probably decide tomorrow.
Me and Carla finishing the race
Finisher's Medal


No comments:

Post a Comment